This morning I was doing my chores. I have a cold, and while we’ve had a beautiful stretch of weather a frost overnight had frozen the hose, and I was thinking how much I hate hoses, especially frozen ones, and feeling generally cranky.
So I flipped the script. What do I LOVE about my Miniature Horses? I decided I had to limit it to 10, because otherwise I’d get out of control.
- Tucking my oldest old folks in the barn on a cold and snowy night, knowing they are cozy and comfy.
- When I’m done feeding and I just stand there for a while and watch and listen to everyone chew.
- When they learn something new, and they’re so proud of their new skill. Especially when it’s something that has been a struggle for us.
- When they nicker at me when it isn’t feeding time. Bonus points for Bentley’s adorable weird bray-nicker hybrid.
- Driving a Roadster horse at Drive On in a big arena with perfect footing.
- Watching them run and play. No matter what I’m supposed to be doing, if they’re going to prance and buck, I’m watching them.
- The first proper drive with a learning driving horse.
- Scratching all the itchiest bits, and feeling the wiggly nose scratching me back.
- Sharing my horses with others – it’s easy to forget the magic of a Miniature Horse until you see it through another’s eyes.
- Working with my horse as a team to accomplish a goal, whether it’s a horse agility course or a combined driving event.
My challenge to you – share 10 things you love about Miniature Horses! #10thingsIloveaboutMiniatureHorses